September Car-Free Challenge
As summer winds down, September is the perfect time to bike to work. Whether you’re a year-round bike commuter or just trying it out for the first time, logging your trips on Shift Your Commute is a way to stay motivated — and win sweet prizes!
- Log your bike commuting trips every day, whether you make it one-way or round-trip.
- Each one-way trip = one point
- All trips must be logged by 8:00 p.m. on Monday, September 30.
- Individuals and teams are eligible for prizes depending on how many trips logged throughout the month.
- 6 points - 3rd place
- 14 points - 2nd place
- 20 points - 1st place
- All teams with a commute rate of at least 75% will be entered into a drawing for a special workplace treat
... to be announced soon!
A representative from your workplace can create a team on the Shift Your Commute website.
- First, check to see if your workplace is already registered by clicking “Organizations” on the homepage. A list of all businesses will appear. From this list, you can see the teams at each business (some larger organizations have multiple teams).
- If your workplace does not have a team, or if you want a new team for your specific department within your workplace, you can register yourself and your workplace at the same time by selecting “Sign up as a team captain” on the homepage.
- Note: Make sure if you create a new team that your spelling is correct and free of typos.
- Recruit your coworkers to register and join your workplace team (They can join a specific team in their profile settings. Again, make sure all spelling is correct!)
- You can then challenge other workplaces around St. Louis to see which workplace can log the most commutes by bike. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org when you’ve initiated a challenge. A Trailnet representative can monitor the progress and announce a winner to your challenge.)
May Car Free Challenge
During Bike Month 2013, Shift Your Commute users logged 1500 trips!
The awesome prizes included:
- 6 points: 2 tickets to Dinner & Bikes ($25 value)
- 14 points: 2013 Trailnet Community Ride Pass, ($50 value)
- 20 points: Gift cards to Trek, Urban Shark, & more ($70 value).
February Car Free Challenge
February, or our "cold weather challenge" (but you never know with the weather in St. Louis!), is a great time to put those January New Years Resolutions to the test. As February approaches, stay tuned for details.