September Car Free Challenge
As summer winds down, September is the perfect time to bike to work. Whether you’re a year-round bike commuter or just trying it out for the first time, logging your trips on Shift Your Commute is a way to stay motivated — and win sweet prizes!
- Log your bike commuting trips every day, whether you make it one-way or round-trip.
- Each day you log an active trip = one point
- All trips must be logged by 8:00 p.m. on the last day of the month
- Individuals and teams are eligible for prizes depending on how many trips logged throughout the month.
We will announce winners for the prizes the Monday, the week after the challenge closes. All riders and teams in the following point brackets are eligible.
- 6 to 14 points - Third place
- 15 to 20 points - Second place
- 20 or more points - First place
- All teams with a commute rate of at least three active users, and a shifted commute rate of at least 60% will be entered into a drawing
A representative from your workplace can create a team on the Shift Your Commute website.
- First, check to see if your workplace is already registered by clicking “Organizations” on the homepage. A list of all businesses will appear. From this list, you can see the teams at each business (some larger organizations have multiple teams).
- If your workplace does not have a team, or if you want a new team for your specific department within your workplace, you can register yourself and your workplace at the same time by selecting “Sign up as a team captain” on the homepage.
- Note: Make sure if you create a new team that your spelling is correct and free of typos.
- Recruit your coworkers to register and join your workplace team (They can join a specific team in their profile settings. Again, make sure all spelling is correct!)
- You can then challenge other workplaces around St. Louis to see which workplace can log the most commutes by bike. (Email email@example.com when you’ve initiated a challenge. A Trailnet representative can monitor the progress and announce a winner to your challenge.)
May Car Free Challenge
During Bike Month 2013, Shift Your Commute users logged 1500 trips!
The awesome prizes included:
- 6 points: 2 tickets to Dinner & Bikes ($25 value)
- 14 points: 2013 Trailnet Community Ride Pass, ($50 value)
- 20 points: Gift cards to Trek, Urban Shark, & more ($70 value).
February Car Free Challenge
February, or our "cold weather challenge" (but you never know with the weather in St. Louis!), is a great time to put those January New Years Resolutions to the test. As February approaches, stay tuned for details.